Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Drum roll, please! I am Darcy; a twenty-year-old showstopper who stands about 5'4", and possesses brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. That's all true--except possibly the showstopper part--but even though it tells you what I look like, it doesn't really tell you who I AM.

I am an English major with an emphasis in technical writing; my minor is in multimedia technologies, and I am so close to being finished it's somewhat ridiculous. Only one semester left, in fact. But... I won't be finishing that last semester for a while (but that's a story for another day).

I chose English because I love to read and write, and technical writing because I've never finished anything that I've started to rite. That and...I love editing, which is what I plan to do when I graduate.

I work at a bookstore, which is a great job; I always learn what's hot off the presses, as well as what the masses like to read. Not to mention the hundreds of books I have easy access to; can life get better? I don't think so!

When not working or doing school-related things, I have a lot of hobbies to fall back on; I love to read, write, sing, knit, play piano, run, listen to music, ski (both snow and water skiing), hike, watch movies... and the list goes on.

Originally, I created a blog called "Dolittle's Bookshelf." It was created for the purpose of reviewing books and sharing my love of reading with the general populace, but I didn't realize before I started ow difficult it would be to tell why I love a book. I learned that loving a book and recommending a book are two very different things!

From that learning experience, I decided to give blogging another attempt, but this time I decided to broaden my horizons a little. The result is this blog, lovingly classified as a "hobby blog" (with a few adjustments).

I plan to cover a number of my interests and random acts of the day (thus the title, "Random Acts of Darcy"). I plan on making this blog better than the last, and hope you will come along with me for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment