Sunday, April 11, 2010

Does it Ever Get Easier?

I am doing the hardest thing I've done in my life: I am training for a half marathon. But there is something special about this half marathon... it is my third. You'd think that would make the actual training go by easier... Yeah, i thought so too. If you think that, you are wrong (don't worry, it happens to the best of us). This is, in fact, the hardest half marathon I have trained for yet. I am not really sure why, maybe my body knows what to expect and is protesting, or maybe my body enjoyed the time off from running far too much, and is now protesting the fact that I am running again.

I don't know the reason. I only know that I should be able to keep up with the ladies I am training with. They seem to be handling the training so much better. Oh well, I recover a lot faster, that's my consolation.

I have often wondered why we crazy people submit ourselves to running. It's not easy, it's not fun (believe me, I know). Yet, I still do it! After considerable thought, I have come up with the answer that I am crazy. Truly, beyond fixing, crazy.

Just kidding--not really crazy... I mean, if you honestly think of the benefits of running, who can blame us crazies? I am in shape, I feel more awake during the day, I feel like I have accomplished more than sitting down doing homework, and I am a lot more healthy!

So keep laughing, all you non-runners. When you are on your respirator, I will be running circles around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment